Are you starting a tech podcast? Are you still looking for that perfect title that speaks directly to your core audience of programmers, tech writers, and fanboi? Do you think it’s funny when words mean, like, one thing, but also another thing? Here are some possible titles—and show ideas—that’ll rock the roof of the exclusive club of software development:
- Auto Layout — You’ve always wondered how your favorite developers organize their car’s dashboard and glove compartment. Wonder no more!
- Hide Others — Tips and tricks for turning your social anxiety into antisocial productivity
- Profile Without Building — Fascinating conversations with people who haven’t actually shipped much software
- Master-Detail — A podcast for those unafraid to show their computer who’s the boss by insisting on having all the minutiae of their desktop set up just so.
- Code Signing — Code is art. Artists sign their work. What part don’t you understand?
- Discard All Changes — Casual chat about the good old days of programming, back when it was just a man and his machine. Yes, a MAN.
- Simulate Memory Warning — Everyone ages, even coders. In this podcast we ask some seasoned pros: are you afraid of getting old and dying some day?
- Special Characters — Interviews with self-described “development divas”
- Human Interface Guidelines — How to talk to other people in an insightful and entertaining way
It’s 104 degrees out today and the city is nothing but tit-sweat and ball-reek. Our minds are blasted blank. Our souls are the black flakes peeled off a charred wiener. Our bodies are damp bags of gross. Our feet are like some kind of goddamn barf apocalypse.
The street is a tableau of misery. An old lady sits down on the sidewalk and cries. A little girl says the c-word. A dog basically dies. A guy has a machete.
I get on the bus and immediately start tallying up all the bad life decisions that brought me to this moment. I’m first hit by a fetid tsunami of stench, like someone found a bunch of fresh corpse taints and tried in vain to cover up the odor with patchouli and zoo farts. But that’s nothing compared to the vibe in here. Everyone has clearly divided up into factions and is ready to start murdering. “Margaritaville” blares from a boombox. I lose track of how many naked screaming babies are clutching at my leg hair with tiny greasy fingies. The bus driver won’t stop laughing.
I tear away my tearaway pants to reveal my novelty underwear that says Complimentary Gynecological Exams—Inquire Within. It seems to calm everyone down. Three days later we’ve formed a tight-knit community behind a Wendy’s. Our economy is strong. Tonight I take the first watch. There is a good woman here, Shinga, who I feel will bear me brave, obedient children. Perhaps tomorrow I will give her my LIVESTRONG bracelet, a symbol of commitment in our tribe.
» Rating: 104 SEXY LADIES OH GOD MY RATING SCALE IS MEANINGLESS